Hello fellow bacon lovers! Are you looking for a delicious and easy recipe that showcases the flavors of crispy bacon and tangy blue cheese? Look no further, because this iceberg wedge with warm bacon and blue cheese is sure to hit the spot. This classic salad features a crisp and refreshing iceberg lettuce wedge, topped with warm, crispy bacon and tangy blue cheese dressing. It’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures, and is sure to become a new favorite. So let’s get cooking!
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled blue cheese
- Buttermilk (optional)
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges, each with some core attached
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add blue cheese and stir until well blended. If too thick, thin with buttermilk by tablespoonfuls to desired consistency. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and beginning to crisp. Arrange lettuce on plates. Spoon dressing over. Using slotted spoon, transfer warm bacon from skillet onto salads, dividing equally. Garnish with red onion.